We are now into the new year. You can bring in 2022 with a fresh look by visiting your St Pete barber shop to get a new haircut. Your appearance can be affected by your hairstyle. The style of your hair can make a big difference in how you look.
Your haircut is important. You can’t just go to Goodfellas Master Barbershop and leave the rest up to the barber. Barbers don’t have the ability to read your mind and will not be able to give you the look you want. Before you head to the closest St Pete barber shop, you need to have an idea of what you’re looking for and convey that to your hair and beard specialist.
There are some things you need to consider when choosing a hairstyle. There are many hairstyles available, and it can be hard to narrow down the right one for you. The type of hair texture you have, buoyancy, etc, etc.
Expert Advice From Your St Pete Barber Shop
You should visit a local barbershop to get some advice. Experiential barbers are familiar with many hairstyles. They can help you choose the right style and give you suggestions. But don’t trust them completely as they may have different ideas.
The shape of your face can have an impact on how your hairstyle looks. Certain hairstyles won’t work well with certain facial shapes. These are the most common face shapes you’ll encounter. Your face will be one of them.
- Oval- You may have an oval-shaped face if you’re lucky. Oval faces are well-known for having no corners, hard lines, or corners around the forehead, chin, cheeks, and cheeks. This creates a more balanced appearance on your face. This allows for many hairstyles that work well with your face. The only problem is that bangs and fringes can make your face appear rounder.
- Round- Round faces are equally long and wide. This is combined with a straight, smooth jawline. This will result in you looking more overweight than usual. You’ll want to make your face appear longer. These styles are typically shorter on the sides but longer on the top. Combining this with a beard will give you a more polished look.
- Square- Square faces look similar to round faces, but the angles of your jaw are sharper. Your face already has a masculine appearance. Short haircuts can be combined with short beards to frame the face.
- Oblong- Long face shapes are faces that are wider than their width. The key is to ensure that your face does not look longer. You can achieve this by having shorter haircuts. Longer haircuts will emphasize the length of your face. To avoid further lengthening of the face, they should avoid any beards.
- Diamond- Faces with broad cheekbones and a pronounced chin are often considered to be diamond-shaped. This results in a narrow and long face that you would like to make more round and shorter. This is a common hairstyle that you can achieve with high-volume styles like a high fade and part.
- Triangle- Triangular faces are more focused on the angular features. The jaw and chin should be wider than the cheekbones. Medium-length hairstyles with symmetry will emphasize your upper facial areas.
Hair Texture. Hair texture is another factor you should be considering. There are many textures to hair and how they look. There are four different hair textures that will influence the type of haircut you choose.
- Wavy- Many men love having wavy hair. Its a beautiful, luxurious look, especially when they are in large volumes. They are not for everyone. You want your hair to be long enough for the air to move through if you have wavy hair. This shows the hair’s volume and waviness.
- Straight- straight hair is the most basic of hair textures. It can be used with many hairstyles. Straight hair can be styled in many ways, including long and short. This is especially true when you combine hairstyling products. It can be dangerous to just slick it with gel. You can also cut it shorter for a professional look.
- Curls- For men, curls can pose a problem. They’re great if you want to look messy. The downside to long curls is that they can make you appear a little more feminine. For male hairstyles, shorter curls work better.
- Thinner hair- This is a common problem as you age. A receding hairline is one of the many side effects of aging. Some people just want a quick buzz cut. There are hairstyles that can cover it, such as a low-fade haircut, which focuses on letting your hair grow longer.
Popular Styles By Your St Pete Barber Shop
These are the factors that you need to consider before you decide which hairstyle is right for you. Here are some of the most in-demand haircuts right now.
- The Undercut- This industry standard. The undercut works well for many face shapes. If you don’t know what to do, it is a great choice. Combining short and long haircuts creates the undercut. The top is left long and uncut, and the sides and back are shaved. This creates more volume and makes your ears stand out. It’s an easy choice if you have nice ears.
- Bald- This move is for people who have thinning hair. This is not technically a haircut, as the barber needs to shave off everything. This is a simple way to solve the problem of missing hair. This will result in little to no hair remaining. This can be quite liberating, as you don’t have to use any gel or other products. Oblong faces may not like going completely bald.
- Long Round Layered- The long round layered hairstyle is great for those with curly or wavy hair. It was popularized by hockey players who wore long hair under their helmets and let the hair grow out. It’s almost like a mullet. This look is great for men with strong, masculine faces. It’s also very easy to maintain.
- Tousled- Are you averse to combing your hair? A tousled hairstyle is a great choice. You just need to cut it. The barber will only trim the ends and back. You will not trim the top of your hair and use gel to style it on a daily basis.
- Side-part- This is a great way to appear professional and smart. This works well for thick straight hair because it will add one part volume and substance to your hair. This professional style is perfect for corporate environments.
- Quiff- This hairstyle is easily recognized if you have ever seen photos of Elvis. This style is meant to make your hair look fuller. The quiff is achieved by cutting the sides and putting the hair up forward. Although there are many variations, the end result is the same: a large head of hair that can easily be styled. It has a rugged look.
- Pompadour- This pompadour is very similar to the quiff. It shares the same long sides and heavy front. However, the front is heavily stylized and usually slicked down. The gel holds it in place. This style was originally worn by women, but it became popular in the 20th century. Although it can be difficult to achieve, pompadour is a great hairstyle.
- Crew cut- This is a classic style for men. Crew cuts are practical and cut short. The back and sides are curled while the top is a more even length. This haircut is very adaptable. The hair can be brushed up to add volume, but it is also less hair overall. This classic, shortcut should be able to work with many different types of facial hair.
- Buzz Cut- For those who want to go bald but aren’t ready to make the leap yet. This haircut is popular among military men. The length of your hair will be reduced to 1/4- 3/4 inches. To clean it up, there will be a slight fade at the sides. This is an excellent choice for people with unruly hair. This is a great option for curly-haired men who don’t want their hair to grow too long.
- The low/regular fade cut- Fade cuts allow your hair to slowly grow in its own way. This hairstyle is very similar to the buzz cut but has a lot more hair. It’s well-shaped and balanced. It is very popular with singers and NBA players.
Although each hairstyle has a few variations, this should give you an idea of the most popular styles. Goodfellas is a friendly, full-service barbershop in St. Pete specializing in modern barbering with traditional techniques. We offer all types of cuts and styles as well as straight razor shaves and beard trimming with precision detailing. Offering a beverage while you get a nice fade or trim, it’s the ultimate male relaxation and cut spot. Family-owned and operated since 2012, so you know we’ve got the experience to help you with all your cutting needs. We can help. There are many beard styles that could fit into your style. Contact Goodfellas, your St Pete barber shop today to set up an appointment for your perfect cut or trim!